Sunday, January 29, 2012

Change out of Reach

Crowds of people waiting for change, do they realize it's happening now? Everywhere, all the time. Change will always be in action, moving forward, molding perspectives, taking away predictability. There are those who can't see the change, and there are those who fear the change. People are just waiting for the next best thing to happen to them. Change brings new experiences in life, but expecting the change to bring you everything is a lost cause. Change is a driving force that lives within every particle of every being. Even inanimate objects carry it in their composition. Minerals transition from one form into another through methods of change: iron into rust, rocks into clay, sand into glass. Change can be a curse, or it can be the transit way to new beginnings and opportunities. Those who take risk with salt and pepper are those who benefit from change. Why, then, when change comes to me I don't know how to face it? The worst part is thinking about how even though perceptions have changed for me, physical distances remain the same. If only there were a way of teleportation that only took a second. No, I don't know how to embrace this change because it is still too far away. For now all I can do is to enjoy what I have near me-- but try not to forget the opportunity presented to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment